Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2002, 09:11 PM

Default So you wanna play bigger eh?? A poker post

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard, "I'm gonna play the bigger limits, I just can't beat the idiots at these low limit games"....I would be rich.

Let me get this straight, you can't beat a table full of idiots at low limit games, so you want to find some really good players and play for bigger stakes?????? The logic escapes me.

Variance is a part of poker life, DEAL WITH IT or get a new hobby. Yes, you will lose to 92o, yes you will lose to K10o when they call 3 bets cold and yes suited aces look like pure gold to a low limit player. If you cannot beat this, you need to work on your own game, but don't go looking for one where you won't get 4 way action for your kings. Instead, you will get two way action and one will be aces four-betting your sorry butt into bankruptcy. In most 3-6 games it is common to see 7 or 8 way unraised action. Makes for pretty good draw odds if you ask me.
Also, once you begin to think that you are the best player in the game, you have probably just become the worst player in the game. Respect for the players, respect for the game and respect for the cards in front of you are necessary elements for success at poker. Learn this respect or you will be asking, "who CAN I beat?" a year from now.
Your results are the product of your own efforts and your own skills in taking advantage of the mistakes that others make. If you are the one making all the mistakes, then your results will surely reflect it.

Best o' luck.

Larry