Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Shortstacked strategy - Can I beat awful players with 25xBB?

10-20 500 min/no max underground game against a bunch of Asian guys with infinite bankrolls. They are all LAP/LAG (I've seen 100 calls PF with 24o) and buy in for around 2k.

I can afford to buy in for 500 and lose it, but I wouldn't be real happy about it. The question is, should I bother sitting, or just wait until I have enough of a bankroll to buy in for 2k or so? If I can actually beat this:

Game texture:
<20% of pots unraised PF.
If raised 3-4 to a flop.
If unraised 6-7 to a flop.
PF raising standards are extremely loose (i.e. 44 open raise from EP last night)

I've been mucking small mid pairs in EP and MP and limping LP if there's enough action. Other than that, playing pretty typical tight aggressive poker. Oh, and if there's enough limpers I'll shove AJo/mid pairs out of the blinds and expect to get at least one caller with a worse hand (AJ vs UTG KT last week after I had 8 limpers to my BB)

Anything else I should be thinking about? Forget about stealing the blinds, any normal raise will get called by one of them.

My flop play needs a good deal of work, but there's really not a ton of flop decision making here with only 25xBB. Seems to me it should be possible to build a pre-flop system that has me smoking this without too much trouble.

Thanks

EDIT: If anyone has any relevant threads sitting in their favorites list I'd love to see them...