Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2005, 10:20 PM

Default 3 10/20 NL hands

A. 10/20 NL - Opponent and I both have about 2k to start hand. I limp with 7h 5h in MP as the 1st player in. It’s folded to the SB, who raises to 80.00. I call. SB has reasonably high raising requirements, and likes to marry Overpairs and TPTK. The flop is 4h As 6d. SB leads out for 160, and I call. I considered a big raise, but then I decided I would just call. I like the flop a lot. My feeling when he bet the flop was that he had missed, but I wasn’t sure, so I just called in position with a good draw. Turn card is Ts. SB checks and I check behind. This player likes to check raise, which is even more reason why I don’t think he had an ace on the flop. But since he does love to check raise, I take a free card so if he does have a big hand, I can bust him on the river if I make my draw. The river is 5d. SB checks to me. I put my opponent on no ace at this point and bet 550.

B. 10/20 NL – I open in MP for a raise with 6h 8h for 80. I get a call from a solid player behind me. It’s heads up. Both opponent and I have about 2k to start hand. Opponent is a solid, straightforward player. The flop is 5s 9d 3s. I lead at the pot for 150.00. I am called. At this point I have the opponent on any pair, from 22 to QQ, or a drawing hand. The turn is the Ad. I bet 550.

C. 10/20 NL – I open in MP for 80.00 with AhQh. I get a caller in LP (Loose Agg player with 1200 in chips), and the SB calls (straightforward / selective) with 2k. I have both of them covered. The flop is 5d Ts 3h. SB checks, and I bet 220. LP folds, SB raises to 440. I call. Turn is the Js. SB bets 400, and I fold.