Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Dude. I 100% understand and sypathize. I, too, and relatively new to poker (I've been playing poker for about 8 months, NL for about 4) and I also have felt like complete crap after getting owned by a complete monkey. In fact, I'm in a bit of a downswing now and even let slip a parenthetical bad beat addition to a post on here (for which I am ashamed). But you clearly know what you are doing and you (and I) should take this as a learning opportunity I guess. Both that sometimes bad plays get rewarded (which we already knew) and also that it is important to play with money we can afford to lose. I feel like my game is at the point where I can definitely beat higher games than the ones I play in, but my poker roll cannot take that high a game at this point. I have the money, but have decided that I don't want to sink savings into poker roll, but rather build it up. Thanks for your post. I definitely have gotten a lot out of it and I'm sure other people have, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again haha I have to thanks man. Sometimes I get the vibe I have very individual queries and problems but then I get a down to earth response and come to the realization that perhaps all of the players that travel the path to perfection of play hit many bumps that are all too common but may seem individual. I was once owned by a monkey but that was in india and is another story. Jk (as if you thought that were serious) I am curious as a consensus question, what would you guys do?
Clearly this game is one that I can dominate and these guys are clowns and are feeding me irrational bull [censored] that a fish would feed smoeone when they won and don't even know why they won a big hand.
Would you guys:
A. Go back and play even on a short roll.
B. Build it up again and perhaps months down the road see if the game is still around and go back and play.