Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Stupid Plays? Crazy people.... am I one of them?

I have two hands... both of which I won, but I'm wondering if I was a fool or was doing it right? NOTE: Both are tables with LAG players. I'm pretty sure I'm the only rock at these tables...

I'm in first round at a .05/.10 NL table. I have folded my way to now and have no reads on the table yet. Now, UTG+2, I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

There's 2 limpers before me, and I raise to .60 (6xbb). 4-5 callers after me including the original limper.

I remark, "Wow, loose table."

(~$4) FLOP- 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

The BB bets $.70, UTG+1 calls, I raise it to $3... and 3 people after me call as well as the BB and UTG+1. I'm thinking I might be screwed.

TURN Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Even scarier... because any 10 has me beat, plenty of 2 pair possibilities and of course a flush draw made it.

The first 2 check to me... I'm being stubborn, I have the back door flush possibility... there's already a possible straight and flush on the table... But I feel a semi-bluff is still in order... so I bet... $5. I get 3 callers (2 people are all in at this point).

THE RIVER 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I made my flush. There are two cards out there that can have me beat,.. but not likely. I go all in to build a sidepot with the one remaining guy. He folds.

I win the pot. No one else shows.
-----------------------------------------

ANOTHER TABLE I'M At... I'm in the cutoff with Pocket Ks. I have about $23... I am the big stack at the table.

An EP person does a minraise to .20--- 3-4 callers, I raise to .80... folds to BB who raises to $1.20... the initial EP min-raiser (who only has about $3) goes all in... 1 caller before me, I call and the BB calls.

4 people to the flop with over $12 in the pot.

FLOP
8-10-J (2 hearts - of which I have none)

The BB bets $1. The MP calls, I raise to $5... the BB goes all in (about $1 more then my bet) the MP calls... and I call.

TURN Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8-10-J) (3 to a flush now)

Again... I'm thinking I'm screwed. that's gotta have made someone a straight, 2 pair or a flush. Now the MP goes all in for another $2-3. I of course can't fold for $2 more. So... now there are 3 people all in and all I have is an overpair... an openended flush draw which may be drawing dead to a flush.

The River- A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]( Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Jx) 4 HEARTS on the board. I have NONE.

I take down the pot with my straight. Not even a split pot.

I don't know what the heck these people had in either hand. And I don't know if I should have been out of these hands earlier and I lucked out. Or if these people were just so LAGGY that I was ahead the whole time? Are they crazy or me?

Thoughts?