Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Absolute Hand Histories Suck

Let me count the ways.....

1. You have to remember to request them after every 200 hands.

2. When the email is received, Absolute and Poker Tracker sometimes have annoying communication issues.
(example: I won a hand last week holding AKo. Poker Tracker had trouble reading the hand history email, though, and effectively cut off the hand history just before the winner of the hand was announced. I know for a fact that I won the pot with aces up, but Poker Tracker credits the pot to another person at the table who showed down one pair.)

3. The hand history request function isn't even working right now. Yesterday I attempted to request a batch history (sometimes 100 hands, sometimes 200 or 150) at least 10 times, and I got an error message each time. When I requested the hand history for one specific hand, that came through just fine. So I emailed Abso support and said "Will you please email the hand histories for my last 1,000 hands?" And I got this reply: "I'm sorry but I won't be able to do this, I recommend to give it some time and try again, you should be receiving the 200 raked hands as they are working fine." Apparently I have a different concept than Abso support of the phrase "working fine."

CONCLUSION: Do not play on Absolute, unless you are such a bonus whore that you are able to endure such crap.
(By the way, I am, and I do. But that won't stop me from whining! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
-web