Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Playing dice on the street corner... a true story.

Great story. Reminds me of an experience I had many years ago in the army. I'll make it short.

I was out of Basic and was taking a bus out of Columbus, GA to go home for a week. This shady looking guy asks me to go outside cuz he has to aks me for a favor. It was obvious he had been abnned from the bus terminal because he was looking all over.

So I go outside and he explains that he wants to go to a local brothel, but he needs me to watch his bankroll.

I knew immediately that I was the intended victim of a con. Since I had time to kill I decided to play along just to see how this shjt plays out (Northern white suburban boys must ususally only read about this stuff...).

Well, along comes another bro. He aks what is going on. Bro 1 tells him. Bro 2 says I should put my money with his in the locker (I would hold the locker key).

I splained to them: unfortunately, I don't have any money.
(It was at the bottom of one of my shoes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

I opened my wallet and they walked away (together)...

This was during the early afternoon. If it was at night I wouldn't have played along.