Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Exploiting a Rock image

Over the past few sessions, I have developed a Rock-like image at the local B&M where I play NL. It's surprising the things people will say about it when I sit at the table.

Mostly this image is due to the fact that nearly everyone else limps with just about any two semi connected cards and just about any two suited cards preflop. Most will then fold to a sizable raise, but generally as soon as one calls, nearly they all call.

I have found at least a couple people in this game that I know I can move off a hand. Many others in this game are mindless calling stations regardless of circumstance.

The question is, what is the best way to take advantage of my rock image? Is it better to try to put in a sizable raise into the limpers and just try to take down 5-6 limps preflop (if so, what types of hands should I do this with?), or better to try to represent something plausible on the board postflop (the problem with this is that there's such a wide variety of garbage being played, it's tough to know where everyone else is at).

Obviously there are no hard and fast rules to these questions, but I would like to hear some ideas for ways to exploit this rock image I've attained.

Thanks,
KoW