Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2005, 10:51 PM

Default i thought i played this right but ....... now im not so sure

1 oclock daily at the alladin our fine gentleman and fellow 2+2er ACJR is providing some inspriational sweat for me so im confident. the bubble has just burst so we are down to 6 the blinds are 1k2k and go up every 20 minutes doubling. ladder is approx 130 175 225 300 425 600. no deal has been discussed. im utg when this hand comes up and the seats are
seat 1 sb in this hand the clear chip lead wild man that limps or raises to vary his play plays a few too many hands and would be really good except for a penchant to get too aggressive, chase or play decent hands at the wrong time or for the wrong amount basically a decently skilled gambler. im cautious around him and he knows this ~25k
seat 2 the short stack a young guy who seems pretty patient and willing to wait his way up the ladder or for his monster the bb in the hand is him but he has shown already he is not afraid to fold his blinds and just tripled up to about 7k after posting
seat 3 village idiot with about 18.5 k (me) 2nd in chips barely
seat 4 local wants to play good pretty readable probably cant fold much of a hand once he is in pot at all but cautious none the less 9k
seat 5
seat 4s friend and they make no illusions otherwise have to be warned later when 4 tells 5 to "find a better spot" basically a slightly weaker version of his friend a little less selective with his hands a little more callly station like 7.5k
seat 6 is the best player at the table and the button in this hand. jose i think it was he was at my first table to my left and we both actually hoped for the table to break thankfully it did. jose seems genuinely skilled at nlhe tournament play and although i feel i have an idea of where he is at when he raises i think he is the only player signifigantly more experienced than myself he has 18k one chip less than my self.

UTG (18.5k) blinds 1k2k is dealt JhJd
take it away experts will provide my decisions and results in a later post. thanks in advance and be specific please . this may be where the subtlety lies....
village idiot,
jason