Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Million Dollar Baby

This is a very strong contender for film of 2005.
Hilary Swank's performance is just extraordinary, and she would be a very worthy Oscar winner. She has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.
Clint Eastwood, directed, produced, acted and wrote the score for this film. At the age of 73, that is one seriously impressive feat.
Morgan Freeman is excellent in a supporting role, don't be surprised if he wins an Oscar.
The film is, on the surface, the story of a female boxer. Whilst you have to suspend your disbelief at times, the film makes many poignant points about human nature. Some of the dialogue is superbly written, and the relationship between Eastwood and Swank is wonderfully developed, laced with black humour. It explores some very deep moral issues towards the end of the film, and a measure of its success is that I just woke up after 4 hours sleep, thinking about the film. It will live long in my memory.

5/5

p.s. there is a moment in this film that should go in a "Movie Mistakes" thread. Eastwood removes Swank's mouthguard during a round break, but fails to replace it in time for the next round. Minor quibble.