Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2005, 01:16 PM

Default average hand turns into big hand

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter
Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

i bet here to try to protect my hand and see where i was at compared to the other players hands

Turn: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

the pot is huge and the pot odds are overwhelming so i have to call

River: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

so now i make a nut flush on the river. at the same time the board pairs and we cap

Final Pot: 28.50 BB

I pretty much turned a hand that i normally fold into a drawing hand that turned into a river nut flush. pls critique this play first and then read the results . thx

results are below in white

<font color="#FFFFFF">Altitude18k shows [ Ks, Ah ] a full house, Kings full of aces.
whippey1 doesn't show [ 4d, 4s ] a full house, Fours full of kings.
Texass97 doesn't show [ 9d, Ad ] two pairs, aces and kings.
DBurk2 doesn't show [ Qc, 9c ] a flush, ace high.
Altitude18k wins $14.75 from side pot #1 with a full house, Kings full of aces.
Altitude18k wins $13.5 from the main pot with a full house, Kings full of aces.
</font>