Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Interesting Prima 100NL KK hand with a read

Prima 100 NL BB .50/$1 blinds

Hero has around 120 and has been playing pretty tight. Villain has been playing conservatively as well and has hero covered. Both hero and villain have been at the table for an hour or so.

Hero is dealt black kings UTG and raises to $6.

Folded around to villain in SB who makes it $16.

Now if he had raised it to $20 or $24 I'd feel a whole lot better about pushing or re-raising. Villain has a PFR of 2.3 (428 hands).

A PFR of 2.3 means his raising standards are AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs and sometimes AKo or TT basically.

A rock like this has re-raising standards of AA, KK, and sometimes QQ. These types DO NOT re-raise with AKs or AKo.

Now I've got a PFR of 4 at this table right now. I don't know if this guy has been paying any attention, but he seems like he knows what he's doing. So when I put in a big raise UTG, what in the hell can this guy re-raise me with out of the SB?

AA, KK, maybe QQ.

I'm thinking QQ raises a bit more here to shut me out or figure out where he stands. That or just calls. I actually think that most 2.3 PFR would probably just call with QQ out of the SB versus a big UTG raise. So that leaves the other KK and of course AA.

So I just called, fairly certain I was up against AA.

My plan was to play for set value + small chance he does something on the flop that leads me to believe he doesn't have AA. But if the flop came T high and he bet 3/4 of the pot I wouldn't have even blinked before folding.

FWIW, 9 times out of 10 I push KK here.

Thoughts and comments?