Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2005, 07:51 PM

Default So my teacher called me sexist in front of the whole class..

during the first day of school. Here's the story:

I am a senior, and this is a class pretty far into my major. Journalism w/ an option in public relations. This class is an elective class in the major and it's with a teacher I've heard about but never had. He's gay. Like, really gay. About 60 years old. Very cocky, he likes to be in control of his class. The chicks love him though, because he knows everything about pop culture and basically all the tabloid stuff chicks are into.

So the class is about 15 people, 3 guys and 12 girls, and he writes four questions on the board to sort of "introduce" us to him. They'll lame questions like what's your pig out food, what would you never be seen buying dead, etc.

So when it comes to me, and it comes to the "what would you never be seen buying dead?", I say tampons. Because I don't think I'd ever want to buy them for a GF. Just trying to be funny.

He says "I can't believe you said that! You are sexist! There is no shame in buying tampons for your girlfriends or daughters. You have a lot to learn!"

He goes on to say how he always bought tampons for his nieces, etc. And then he asks me if I plan on having kids.

I say yeah. He says, well then you better get used to buying tampons. I am somewhat shocked by how up in arms he is about this whole situation (I really just meant it as a joke,) but now since we're this far I say "That's what the wife is for. She can buy them."

He didn't like that comment either.

"You were rude from the first day you were born."

Needless to say, I don't like this guy, and he doesn't like me. Thank god I kept myself from saying anything derogatory towards gays, because trust me, my politically incorrect insensitive self had many things I'd like to say.

School sucks.