Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2005, 01:33 AM

Default How to be psychologically ready to move to 100+9? (How did you do it?)

i've been playing quad 50+5's and got my bankroll up to $3500. thus I have a 100+9 bankroll of ~30 buy-ins.

but i find that i can't get myself to play even a single 100+9 SnG.

I;ve been running HOT at 50+5. yes i know, a streak is just pure luck and there's no logic behind it. it could end at any time and easily switch to going COLD.

basically I'm scared in going to 100+9 (even 1 game in my quad) because:

1) i want to ride my "hot streak" to the end. yeah, i know. once it turns cold, there's even a less of a chance that i'll go up to 100+9. thus a catch-22.

2) 100+9 is serious $ to me. At $30+3 i could care less if i lost a quad or 2 (ie: 8 straight games). At 50+5, it was getting to be serious $ to me. I started to worry when i was OTM 8 games straight, even though I had the bankroll for 30 buy-ins.

Even though my current $3500 bankroll is pure profit, and i don't need the $ (ie: no effect on mortgage/food/etc if i lost all $3500), i'm petrified in losing 8 straight in 100+9.

yes, i know I'm not mentally ready for 100+9. The question is how to be mentally ready???

How did you get yourself to move up from 50+5 to 100+9? and what were your thoughts/feelings when you did it?