Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Lay down AA, pre flop?

Sorry I don't have the hand history, site dosen't offer it yet. It was a $50 multi table tourney with 123 players and it was the first hand, everyone starts with 1,500 chips. I'm on the small blind. I'm going to assume this guy is telling the truth just for the sake of discussion. First to act (after hand, says he had AA) calls BB for 30 chips, next 2 players call the BB for 30, 4th to act goes all in with 6-7 suited (I guess trying to steal? or to get a call later when he has a big hand, who knows) next guy has J-J he calls in the all in, behind the J-J is K-K he calls the all in, behind him is A-K suited and he calls, i'm on the small blind with a pair of 4s and throw them away like they were on fire, and the BB folds. Guy that acted first sits there and his clock finally gets down to 00 and he folds. So he folded with 6,135 chips in the pot and he was holding AA pre flop against 4 all ins. I put in the odds later 6-7 suited-21.8% to win the hand, JJ-15.7, KK-9.2, AK suited-8.4, AA-44.8. Guy could be lying but lets jus assume he did have AA. What would you guys do with AA pre flop with 4 all-ins ahead of you on the first hand a tournament. Thanks