Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Canterbury Park...?

[ QUOTE ]
any suggestions as to what games would usually be the best for someone accustomed to small-stakes online play (2/4)? i'm willing to jump up in limits about as high as 6/12, though i'd probably be more comfortable at 4/8 just considering the money at stake.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 6/12 is a great game. I was there on Monday during the day and we had guys who:

<ul type="square">[*] limp-reraised with most of his suited hands; [*]called down once with Q-high and overcalled on a AAxxx board with K-high; [*]3bet the flop with his gutshot;[*]raised preflop with any A.[/list]
For a while most hands were 5+ to the flop, and this is at a 9-handed table with a friend of mine who plays about as tight as I do.

[ QUOTE ]
also, anyone know how that 4/8 o/8 game is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played it, but here's what I've heard.

The dealers say it's the worst Omaha game in the world. According to those "in the know", when the room first opened, some guy came in and won a lot but taught everyone to play, so they all got better and beat him, and now it's a terrible game, filled with players who are all good. Right...