Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2005, 09:35 AM

Default taking a rowboat to a yacht party

curious if anyone else plays it differently.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
<font color="#C00000">UTG+1 (t890)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG+2 (t785)</font>
MP1 (t785)
MP2 (t785)
MP3 (t785)
CO (t800)
Button (t785)
Hero (t785)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets t55, UTG+2 calls t55, MP1 folds, Hero calls t55, BB folds.

No flush, possible gut straight, no reason to push things just yet. Happy to have someone else bet

Turn: (t240) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t90, UTG+2 calls t90, Hero calls t90.

Thought about jacking it up here after a bet and a call, but also realized that I'm not going to push anyone off of an ace the second hand of a party 10+1. Might as well see what the river brings before committing.

River: (t510) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t100, UTG+2 calls t100, Hero folds.

blech. The river muck is a no-brainer. I'm curious if others would have pushed the action on previous streets or would have taken the same "wait and see what the river brings" attitude that I did. The more I thought about this hand after the fact, the more I realized that the two opponents could have had any Ax after the PF limps, and there really was no way for me to know where I was no matter what came on the river. Even if the second board pair doesn't come, I'm not sure that this is a hand to commit with against two other opponents. Big bet, yes; commit, probably not. Too tight?

Final Pot: t710

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Tc As (full house, aces full of queens).
UTG+2 has Jd Ah (full house, aces full of queens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins t355. UTG+2 wins t355. </font>