Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Two AQ hands for review

Pacific Poker, $100 no-limit buy in. Blinds $.5, $1.

Doing these mostly from memory since Pacific has a lousy hand history...

First hand: Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], middle position about 80$, full table of 10 people.
First three players limp in for 1$, I raised to $8.
Folds to Button who calls (he has about $100), SB and BB both fold and all the limpers fold. Button is average on looseness and agressiveness. I've seen him call decent raises with any A, any 2 face, and any 2 suited connectors but willing to lay down his true junk.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] My take with this flop is I'm up against either AA, KK, maybe QQ or KQ. I have 4 to the nut flush, need a K for the nut straight, an 8 gives me a winning straight against any hand without a Q and an A gives me top pair against anything but AA. Bottom line, I'm probably behind right now but I have at least 8 outs and likely 15. I lead out for $10, he re-raised to $25 at which point I pushed as a semi-bluff if he didn't have AA or KQ. He called.
Turn and river were no help and he showed KK to take the hand. I'd been folding to re-raises most of the night so I discounted the re-raise knowing I had so many outs. After seeing the KK I figured I had 15 solid outs (not including QQ turn/river) If I'd a been in his position, I'd a thought I was up against AA after the all-in and probably laid it down (Hole?)

2nd hand:
Hero with $120, played very few hands and shown good cards when he gets to a showdown. SB is very loose-aggressive seeing the flop with just about anything (worst was a 93 suited) and bets everything hard.
Hero again in middle position with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], no limpers so I raise to $5, folds around to SB who calls, BB folds.
Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],9 : [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]:,3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Knowing he could have anything I bet out the pot and he raises it to $25. I called.
Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] At this point I figure him for at most a pair or Ax o so I push, he calls.
River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB shows 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the winning straight. Bet more on the flop? One of those you chalk up to a fish that you hope you can get back later?

In my latest streak my worst beat was AK suited, to AJ. After hitting the A on the flop I bet out little over the pot on the flop, and pushed on the turn only to loose to runner-runner spades (4 spades on the board and he had the A spades).

Overbetting? Too aggressive? Seems when I have the nuts I never get any action.