FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which do you use?
GameTimePlus 27 34.18%
PlayerView 21 26.58%
Neither (yet!) 31 39.24%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Would you tell someone about 2+2?

I certainly wouldn't suggest this site or any of the top poker books to any but my closest friends. And as none of my friends play poker that means nobody. Having said that I don't think it would do a ton of harm if your average player brought themselves a poker book. There is a world of difference between reading for instance The Theory of Poker and picking up a few ideas, which is what 95% of its readers would do and really studying it and learning, and then applying the concepts therein.

One thing I have never shirked from in my quest to become a highly profitable player is the study needed. It takes hard work and hours and hours of continual study to get really good at this game for all but the most gifted players. Not many players have either the desire or the disipline to slog there guts out day after day in pursuit of excellence.

My point, if I haven't made it already, is that it won't make a vast amount of difference to most players what you tell em. They might take a gander over to this site and buy a good book but whilst this may improve them a little, thay have miles to go before they are catching me up.

Having said that why take the chance of them getting even a little better, no point costing yourselves an extra bet when they make a correct fold. If someone asks about my success, as they did yesterday, I just said I was having a lucky day but lose most of the time! Hey, we are poker players, we are supposed to lie!