Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2005, 01:26 AM

Default 2+2 Small Stakes Hold-EM

I have been reading here for sometime. I am learning as I go. The site has been very helpful here but a bit technical. I was not getting all the info that is here and using it.

I saw Small Stakes Hold'Em in BooksAMillion this week. I sat down and read it through several times in 8 hours. I tried to not learn the tables but the concepts. The bigger the pot the less a bet really cost you. Betting for value increases the pot and drops players like flys. Pay attention to the board, the more outs you got the better for you.

I must say that I recommend this book! In one day my play has changed from being uncertain and weak, to a much more agressive game, knowing when to be agressive, when to be careful and when to fold. Best money I have spent and the best most productive time spent learning about the game has been spent on Small Stakes. Great book.

A situation that I did not see in the book is this, you are going along betting for value say something connected and somewhere after the flop and before the river you realise that your value has evaporated and that you can not make any hand. I am wondering is this normal and to be expected? If not what should I examine first? If you find your self in this situation can there be more value in folding even though you know that no one is going to do anything but check the hand. Sometimes I do not want my hand seen.

Thanks.