Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Lame ass $3k in 10 days small stakes challenge (pray i dont go broke)

ok, ok. this is pretty lame. i recently (end of november) quit my job to pursue poker full time. ive got about 150k hands in PT that say im a winning player for about 5-6 big bets per 100. Im begining to wonder if my sample size is large enough.
From january 1st to present, i have lost about $1600. $800 at party poker's 50nl game and 800 at commerce's 200 game. This just is unacceptable if i want to do this full time.
Last month I averaged about $40 an hour playing 4-6 tables of $50nl on party poker. The only problem is i only logged about 75 hours in the entire month of december. I am hoping this mini challenge will get me to be more persistant with it.
Why the goal? other than because ive been sucking and need motivation, i need $2k in the next few weeks. I currently live with my dad and two younger siblings. I need to move out. $2k will give me $6k total over my bankroll as a little nest egg to get me going. And why is it a $3k challenge if i only need $2k? Because ive been an underachiever all my life. Time to turn things around. Your support is greatly appreciated
/end rant