Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 11:11 PM

Default How often do you face this crap?

I don't have the hand because it was on UB and I closed the window quite quickly (and I don't know of any way to get hand history from UB after the window is closed).

I was on the button with about t1500, looking down at AA. Villain is in MP (with about t4500), blinds are like 15/30, only about 30 minutes into the tournament. He raises to 90, firt in with everyone folding to me. I make it 210 and the blinds fold... he raises me enough that I have to go all-in, so I figure he's got a big hand, but I gladly call and get my chips in. He turns over 55, and of course, a 5 and two 4's come out on the board, with nothing that helps me.

I am horribly frustrated by this play, but having faced similar situations where the opponent turns KK (or even QQ or JJ), I haven't been nearly as frustrated.

I realize this seems like a rant, but I'm wondering how many of you face this situation (and result), and how often? I only have time to play a certain number of tournaments per week because of a full-time job and part-time degree pursuit, so I get really ticked when I get knocked out this early by what seems like drunken idiots.

Do all the players that play many tournaments a week face this type of play very often? I might expect to get a bad beat more often if I was facing more opponents, but it was narrowed down to only one.