Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Overall a Winner, But the swings are too much

I had been playing a lot of 10 + 1 NL tourneys for the last little while and was thinking I could do this as a part time job. (Not full time).

But I just can't take the swings. I don't know how anyone can play for a living like this. It hurts way too much to say I 'worked' 6 hours today, and LOST money. I played a lot over the xmas break and made a fair amount of money, but I'm quitting for now. I'll play once a month, or so, but not as often as I have been. For those of you that can ake the swings and enjoy it, Thats great, for those of you considering doing it full time, Make sure your one of those people that can handle the swings.

I had been mostly a rec. player, and then decided to track my tourneys over the last 2 weeks. It's something I always knew I should be doing, but just wasn't. Well tracking them was fun, and great for my game.

Here are my recent results. I'm quite sure if i worked at it I could change more of those 4th's into places. But it's just not worth the work.

10+1
1st 17 13%
2nd 18 14%
3rd 17 13%
4th 25 20%
5th 13 10%
6th 9 7%
7th 14 11%
8th 4 3%
9th 5 4%
10th 4 3%

Games: 126
ITM: 41%
Exp: $1,386.00
Rev $1,730.00
Profit $344.00

Now to find a new revenue stream with less swings.. hmmm... Should be fun!

Good luck,

Tim