Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Answers

[ QUOTE ]
While most excellent poker players are not "really smart", most world class players are.

I didn't say all the best 4000-8000 players had an IQ above 140. I said that their average IQ was. Some may be 130.

I have talked to these players, discussed concepts and quizzed them enough to make a good guess as to what their IQs are.

Someone with an IQ of 120 is much less likely to become world class at bridge, backgammon, and poker than someone with an IQ of 150. In the first two games he is almost drawing dead. In poker he still has a chance, especially in short handed games or pot limit or no limit. But not much of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you have the ability to determine IQ levels merely by conversing with people for a fraction of the time an IQ test would take, I doubt you have talked to enough people to make your data statistically significant.

At any rate, some people like Russ Boyd can now dismiss his poor play with bad beats and poor shuffling while others like Doyle Brunson, Amarillo Slim and Puggy Pearson are just flukes...