Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Is this correct (Folding KK pre-flop)?????

Here is the situation:

Multi table tourney at the Hard Rock (So Fla). $300 buy in, 220 players, top 18 make the money. Very nice payout.

I hustled over there after work and was just able to buy one of the last seats.

Everyone starts with T5000 chips and the blinds start at 50-100, going up every 30 minutes...

3rd hand of the tourney, I am on the button and get dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG and UTG +1 limp in as does someone from middle position. I make a raise to 600 chips. SB and BB fold. UTG goes all-in, UTG+1 goes all-in, middle limper goes all-in. I am thinking what the hell is going on here?????

I had no reads on any of these guys as I was literally still waiting for my drink from the waitress.

To make a long story short, I folded. This was my thinking...Someone could have AA and I am likely done. And, if I am not up against AA, I am at best just a 50% favorite to win the hand. I still had T4200 in chips and I wanted to play my game, so I threw them away.

UTG had KQ (not a misprint), UTG+1 had 10-10, middle limper had AKo. I would have won the hand and had a dominant early chip lead. Believe it or not, KQ actually won the hand as a Q flopped.

I checked the odds of all 4 hands pre-flop, and sure enough I had a 49.5% of winning the hand.

Please provide feedback on this move. What do you guys think?????