Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2004, 10:38 PM

Default results, a few thoughts

in hand 1 the one with the A99 flop, i figured if i check that flop it will not hurt me since im way ahead or way behind. also i want to see what happens on the turn, and i dont want anyone getting brave on the easy street against me.

when the turn came i felt button was itching to bet, it was just a sixth sense thing. at that point i was completely committed to just calling him down since i thought there was only a small chance he held either an A or a 9 since he checked the flop. as it turned out he did have 96o and he took it down. yes he called three bets cold w/ 96o. that commerce 100-200 game sure is tough.

hand 2. again i figured checking the flop wouldnt hurt me and against these players getting to the showdown cheaply with good but not great hands (like KK on an AJx board) is important. laying down something like KK on that board is tough to do against wily weird aggressive players. so when bb bets the turn and the other guy folds im not loving life but it's just two more bbs to call down in what has become an okay size pot. plus by checking the flop i have opened up the opportunity for bb to bet all sorts of hands on the turn. so it's a +EV spot to call down. anyway when he checks the river it's pretty easy to put him on exactly a J (or smaller pair like 99 or even less) since this guy would bet any A there 100% of the time. so i bet the river, he called, and he was noticeably surprised when he saw my hand, which was good.