FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2002, 09:59 AM

Default London to Host Islamic \"Celebration\" of 9/11

excerpt:
"London to host Islamic 'celebration' of Sept 11
By Thair Shaikh
(Filed: 08/09/2002)

Extremist muslim clerics will meet in London on September 11 to celebrate the anniversary of al-Qaeda's attacks on America and to launch an organisation for Islamic militants.

The conference, which will be attended by the most radical mullahs in Britain, will argue that the atrocities were justified because Muslims must defend themselves against armed aggression.

It will launch the Islamic Council of Britain (ICB), which will aim to implement sharia law in Britain and will welcome al-Qa'eda sympathisers as members.

The conference, to be held at Finsbury Park mosque, north London, will be attended by followers of militant groups and chaired by their Muslim leaders, including Omar Bakri Mohammed, whose al-Muhajiroun group wants to establish a worldwide Islamic state." end excerpt

What idiocy. I'm inclined to think that England should deport them all for advocating aggressive violence. Unfortunately, the Enlightenment and Age of Reason bypassed much of the Muslim world and there are still a great many who believe in truth through revelation rather than through reason. The problems arise when they adopt a militant posture over it--I suspect that deporting all Islamic militants who are on visas or green cards (or the British equivalents) would probably be a good idea. After all, those who are not citizens are GUESTS--and can and should be deported for certain things and IMO calling for jihad is one of them. Granted not everyone attending that "celebration" would be calling for jihad but I bet the figure would be over 90%. Why allow the enemy to wage war from within one's own borders? Likewise the USA should probably deport all Muslims who call for jihad from within the USA if they are not already naturalized citizens. THEY'RE GUESTS--if they don't like us, well, why are they here--but we can live with that. But when they go so far as to be our guests and call for jihad against us, I think it's probably time we (and Great Britain) tell these individuals to get the hell out.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...optease_2.html