Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Who Reports Their Winnings As Income?

[ QUOTE ]
I withdrawal around $500 every 2 weeks. I doubt this will raise any red flags IF I decide to not report my income. On the slim chance that I do get audited, will they come to me with my bank statements and say "So, we see these transfers from Neteller....." Do they even have access to this information? I mean, it's not like I'm driving around in a Bentley while I work at my $40K/year job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely not an expert but it seems to be pretty trivial for some one at the IRS to decide neteller is used mainly for gambling so it might be a good idea to track that money. Set a filter to determine if you net in is greater than 25% of your salary and I have some returns I want to give extra love to. I am guessing for banks this is pretty technically easy. Can the IRS get this info without a court order? No idea. Given that the neteller debit card goes through the standard ATM networks, I am guessing tracking that wouldn't be hard(technically) either. It seems like money laundering is something that OC spent a lot time thinking about and I bet the feds have devised tons of ways to track it down.