Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Re: A losing play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'll need a very loose passive table to limp with A7s after only 1 limper.

[/ QUOTE ]
90 % of the 2/4 tables are very loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ] Why start bad habits? As I mentioned before, my win rate went up and varience went down once I stopped trying to sneak in with this hand at 2/4 and at 3/6 its just pure chip spewing because you don't get a favorable flop often enough to continue on after the LP raise of your limp. You also have to take into account whose behind you and the likely hood of a raise, not just the passivity of the table in general.

[ QUOTE ]
If he 3-bet, so what? Easy fold. Cost me 2 BB, the same as it would've cost me to call down but without the possible fold by the button. That's not entierly true though, since if the button 3-bet me on the turn, he sure would've raised if I had only called, meaning I would have to fold anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't address what happens after your raise. if the flop agressor re-raises? Do you call? Do you fold? reraise?

Do you call/raise/fold if someone bets the river After your turn agression?

Your raise can make hopeless hands fold which you'd love to keep keep betting/calling fold. It would have been tragic if you'd raised and everyone folded when you could have collected 1 more river bet from a hand like KK/QQ who was hoping to catch that gutshot and then decides to call, or a hand that was semi-bluffing catches a pair and bets anyways to try and steal the pot.

You want a showdown because if your behind you probably have 5 outs to improve if you can get to the river, folding the turn is probably a mistake so reopening the betting could just lead to a bad decision in either folding a hand that should continue or putting more money into a pot with a hand thats drawing dead.

So yes, I'm advocating calling down in a 4 way pot. TPWK doesn't hold up enough that you want to put more then 2BB into this pot, but it is good/improves enough that risking 2BB to see a showdown is right.

Thanks,
MarkV.