Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Moving up in Limits

Greatings Gentlemen (and I use that word loosely, of course),
I have recently moved up from the .5/1 to the 1/2 tables on Party. I have experienced the normal down swings and subsequent upswings. I am about 6000 of so hands into my database for 1/2. However, I seem to be stuck. I can't seem to get beyond break even. I have noticed that I am beating the players, but not the rake. My stats seem to mirror what I experienced as winning play in .5/1. about 20-22% VP$IP in keeping with SSHE starting hand charts. My questions are a few. Number 1 - Is this commonly experienced when moving up in limits. 2- If it is commonly experienced, what does one need to change/adapt to break the trend? 3- Is this the result of a higher % rake? 4- Is this effect due to the fact that all the 2+2 bonus whores are out in force collecting that silly Christmas offer (but I honestly expected them to be playing at the lowest limits)? 5- Is the sample size just too small?
I have noted the tables are slightly tighter with a little bit higher concentration of players who seem to know what they are doing.... But I still run into the silly and stupid, as exampled last night a player called 65% of all hands for a solid 8 hours and made $150 (he's going on my buddy list)
That brings up another question: How does one use a buddy list with the party poker software? It does not seem to be in the documentation. Is there anyone out there who has suggestions for examples of poor play to be honored on the buddy list?
Thank you all for your responses in advance and for your continued wisdom.

Dive Dive.