Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Is this legal?

So the setting is 3-6 at the Hawaiian Gardens. 4 of us see the flop. The guy who I think broke a rule is an old man on the button. Flop comes A 8 3 w/ 2 hearts. We check to him he bets, and as he bets he flips over the A of hearts. The guy to his left asks "you have another heart under there? The old man proceeds to tell us that's why he flipped it over to keep us guessing. It's psychological warfare!! We all fold. The guy who asked if he had 2 hearts was pissed because he had KQ of hearts and was gonna draw, but just folded and then told the old timer he was out of line and violated a rule. The dealer tells the old man he can't show cards and an argument insues. Now I don't condone dealer bashing, but this was funny. The old man goes on to berate the dealer for "being nosey" and "speaking" when she should just shut up and deal. Oh and the topper was "get a boyfriend, that'll loosen you up" So anyways my question is..did he break the rules?