Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Is it just me...

After reading the posts on here for a bit, I realize that i'll probably get lit up on this one, but here goes...

I started out playing pokerstars. I liked the interface and the speed of the game. Plus there didn't seem to be many problems with the software. I would read the chat and notice how most people referred to it as "riverstars". At first, I didn't really pay much attention to it and wrote it off as frustration. The more I played, the more I noticed how this seemed to be true. It might be that I just remember the beats more than the wins or that all those people put that idea in my head. Normally, I wouldn't think of getting beat on the river once in awhile as a bad thing... after all, it's poker and you'll have that. You should win most of the time if it takes a miracle card for people to beat you. It just seems like pokerstars "rewards" bad play with miracle cards. Obviously I'm wrong in this... just kind of hard to dismiss it once you see it time and time again. Don't get me wrong, I like stars for their software and tournament action. I just haven't seen these types of consistant beats on party or paradise.

Feel free to bash away... I'll get you started .. blah blah you're just a horrible player... blah blah read a book... blah blah play lower limits. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Anyway, those are my ramblings for the day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]