Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2004, 01:39 AM

Default Question for the experts

I've been reading the posts on here and have a question for all who seem to be doing so well playing poker online. In a 5-10 Limit HE game, mostly 10-handed (sometimes 8 or 9 for short periods), what is an AVERAGE # of hands a player should be winning if they are a winning player?

The reason I ask, I'm a fairly tight/agrgessive player who was winning consistently for a while, but for the past month or two it seems I can't win no matter what I do. The winning hand percentages for my last few sessions are 6%, 8%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 6%, 8%, 7% (avg 300 hands/session: 2428 hands total).

It seems to me that, if I'm playing only the hands that I should be playing, and the best I'm doing is taking down 6-9% of the total hands in a 10-handed game, then there is no way I could be winning. It seems that I'm just getting cards that aren't allowing me to win, no matter what I do.

Any thoughts/suggestions/am I missing something here?

Also, I read a recent post that said a monkey could make 20k/yr. playing poker on the internet. Well, I'm smarter than a monkey and I haven't figured out how to do this yet -- can you teach me?? (seriously!)

Thanks