Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Folding KK to the shortstack

Last night I was playing a super satellite on Party. We were down to the final table, top 7 get seats, 8 left. The short stack is sitting to my right. I'm the big chip leader, I've got around 42K, short stack is at 2K in this hand, blinds are 400/800. I started the final table with about 28K or so, and I've been raising with any two cards every second hand 3XBB, and I've gotten the blinds every time except for twice, once I folded to the second-biggest stack's all-in raise, and once I called with 95o when the shortest stack (at that time) raised me .5BB more, and I knocked him out. The table knows what I'm doing, but no one is doing anything about it except for moving over the top only when they get exceptional hands. No one wants to go out in 8th.

Before I explain the hand in question, I'll just explain something. I know that there's no reason to be increasing my chip lead in this situation, as I could just fold every hand and still win the seat, but I decided that since this was only my third serious MTT, I wanted some practice in increasing my stack on the bubble, so please keep in mind that my thinking behind this hand was playing to increase my chip stack and eventually win first place, rather than just wait for the top 7.

I'm in the big blind with 42K. The small blind is the short stack, he has 1600 after paying his 400. Everyone folds around to the SB, who pushes in his remaining 1600. I've got two black kings. After spending a few seconds thinking about it, I fold.

What do you guys think? Decent move in a non-satellite tournament, or just being too wicked, tricksy and false?