Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2004, 05:02 PM

Default 2 hands... What would you do?

How would you play this hand… (sorry for lack of precise notation this wasn’t from an online game)

These are two hands I thought about a lot after the game (I won’t tell you which player I was and what happened until later…)

You are in a short handed game on the big blind. 6 handed. The game has played aggressively pre-flop and post flop relatively weak (i.e. people checking, check calling rather than continuing the aggression).

Hand 1:
You have 6s 6h in the big blind. Everyone folds to the button who raises. The small blind raises, the big blind (you) calls the three bets, the button caps it. Everyone calls. (12 small bets total)

The flop comes Qd Js 2c. The player in first position (small blind) checks, the player in second position (big blind-you) checks, the player in last position (the button) bets. The small blind folds. How do you play: call, raise, or fold and why?

Same short handed game, same three players, same position for each player. How would you play this hand…

Hand 2:
You have Kh 10h on the button. Everyone folds to you, and you call. The small blind raises, the big blind calls the two bets, you call the raise. (6 small bets total)

The flop comes Ad Qh 2c. The player in first position (small blind) bets, the player in second position (big blind) calls, (8 bets in the pot), it is one bet to (the button-you) How do you play: call, raise, or fold and why? (also would it change your decision if the 10 was a diamond?)