Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2004, 07:03 AM

Default Big blind, big draw, big pot. Big deal?

Posting from memory for various reasons of the broken-computer variety. I had a very nice drawing hand here and couldn't decide when or if to get aggressive with it. I think I got most decisions wrong here. Help!

Party $5/10 6-max. I am in the big blind with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Three limp in and the SB inexplicably folds. I do the decent thing.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Should I bet out with the nut flush draw into three players?

Anyway I check. UTG bets and both others call.

Should I raise for value? Under normal circumstances everyone calls the raise and it's clearly profitable, but I hate check-raising then checking the turn. Should I get over this fear?

I just called.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me a gutshot which is also likely to be a winner.

I check, UTG bets, the others call.

I have 12 outs so my hand will come in over 25% of the time, just. Again I have a value check-raise if everyone calls, but it's thin. Should I go for it?

I didn't.

River brings my gutshot 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Bet out or check-raise?

Here I once again lost my nerve, thinking that just everyone would see the four to a straight on board and check it through, so I bet out, two people folded, last guy raised, I 3-bet, he called and his trip aces deservedly lost.

All comments appreciated,

Guy.