Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2004, 06:37 PM

Default What\'s the Deal With My Dell 2001FP?

Please forgive me--I posted this earlier this morning at the end of the previous post about a 2001fp problem but it's probably buried too deep for anyone to see. With the number of y'all out there that have this monitor, there must be someone who can give me a lead on what's going on.

I just got it yesterday. Initially, the DVI connection wouldn't work, so I had to uninstall all of the video drivers and reinstall the updated drivers. After getting the DVI connection to work, and adjusting the monitor settings to 60 Hertz refresh, 1280x1024 (I have trouble seeing the 1600x1200 at the moment and need to get used to it), and Highest color quality (32 bit), I find that all wallpaper (even the MS stuff that came with XP) and pictures look like "paint by numbers." It's all "splotchy" and there is no smooth shading. It's even worse at the higher resolution, but gets better as I go down in resolution. I've never seen anything like this in any of the stores where I've seen 20-21 inch monitors displayed. Even the default MS XP desktop (the one with the clouds and green fields) is terrible.

Is this normal when you move to a higher monitor setting? Anybody else notice the same thing when moving from a CRT to an LCD or from analog to digital? I have an NVIDIA GeForce 2MX 400 card, with 64 MB RAM, in the pc, and my research on the card doesn't indicate any issues with a 20 inch display at my current resolution, or at 1600x1200.

I don't know if I'm describing this well enough, so I hope you have some idea of what I mean. I sure hope someone can give me some ideas because I'm pretty disappointed at the moment. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for your help.

Kellon