Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2004, 05:24 PM

Default Should I overcall??

Sorry for the lame visual presentation. I haven't mastered the snazziness of suit icons or the hand converter.

B&M cardroom $3-$6, typical loose passive game.

I'm on the button in a multiway pot (about five limpers before me) with 65s (spades). I limp, small blind completes, and BB checks.

With 8SB in pot, flop brings Kh 5h 9d

SB bets, BB calls. Folded around to me. At 10-1, I call, figuring I've got four pretty clean outs.

With 5.5BB, the turn brings 2c.

SB checks, BB checks. I check behind, more or less happy for the freebie. Now I figure SB has got hearts, and BB has a nine, a gutshot draw, or a weak pocket pair.

River brings 6h, my "dirty out." With three hearts on the board, SB bets, and BB calls.

7.5 small bets, I'm sitting with two pair. Do I overcall?

Wait before you answer, because a half hour earlier, I was involved with the same two players in a similar scenario. This time I limped on the button with QTs, flopped a gutshot, called with similar odds, and got the nut straight on the river for free when the same two guys checked the turn. On the river they checked and I bet, SB called me and BB checkraised. I made it 3 bets, figuring a chop, then SB calls the 2 big bets!! BB calls, and I was the only one with the nut hand.

So these are the people I'm dealing with. Is it okay to overcall here? Should I even ponder raising?