Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Live 1/2 NL hand... how would you play it...

Playing live $1/$2 NL with a $250 max buy-in. I have been at the table for about 2 hours and have a stack of just over $300. During the previous circuit UTG straddled and I took down a nice pot when my JJ flopped a set. Same UTG straddles again for $4 in this hand.

UTG+1 -- a friend of UTG and our villian -- raises to $20.

From watching villian for a couple of hours, he is not very original. He had joked about raising his buddies straddle prior to looking at his hand on the previous circuit and this circuit. Last time, he folded. From my observations generally, a pre-flop raise from him means a big Ace, a suited Ace or a medium to big pocket pair regardless of his position. When I sat down, villian had over $500 but lost a chunk since then. He still has me outstacked by a few chips.

Folded to me in CO. I find A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I call and everyone else folds. Heads up between me and the villian.

Pot is $47. Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets $50.

What's your play here?

Also, would you ever call this pre-flop raise?