Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Bunky\'s NL holiday challenge Days 5-6

Well, I've come to a conclusion.

I'm not a winner, I'm not a loser. I'm a break evener. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I'll give you the stats quick for a grand total to date, then we'll discuss specific hands and see if I'm effed up or not.

3855 hands total.
VP$IP 17.96
Total Profit (loss) $36.52

Thats right, $36.52. Much better than a loss, and frankly its really a miracle that I'm ahead at all. I'll post a few hands for review and see if I'm way out of line against some of the most horrible players known to man.

I have KK in the SB and a 110 stack. BB is a total tard. hats my read FWIW, he drops stacks quicker than the prom queen drops her dress after three beers.

I raise to $7.00 after three limpers. BB cold calls (He now has $26 left.), all else fold.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet $15.00, he pushes, I call. Flips 97o. Board does not pair. Oh well, I'll get it eventually. He gave it away to someone else. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Heres the big hand that saved my ass last night. But, I dunno about the line against calling stations.

I have AA in MP (with a 92.00 stack). 3 limpers to me, I make it $8.00, 3 callers. Sweet!

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Even better.

BB bets $8.00, EP calls $8.00. I make it $40.00 straight. rest fold, BB calls all in for his last 14.00, EP calls? I have $48.00 left or so, and decide its going in on the turn regardless now.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (perfect)
He checks, I push, he calls.

River is an offsuit 7 putting a 4 straight on board.

They both had KJo.

I have black 77. I'm on the button with a 95 stack.
villains both have me covered and are pretty straight forward.

4 to the flop unraised.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to MP who bets $4.00, I raise to $15.00. BB cold calls. MP calls.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, MP bets $12.00, I call, BB check raises to $24.00. MP folds, I call.

River A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets 20, I fold.

Alright, not off to a great start, but, I know one thing, it could be a lot worse.