Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Sports rules changes you would like to see changed

George Carlin has a famous bit about rules changes for sports, but I am looking for more...

I wish the NFL would allow players to be picked up and thrown. In the 80's you had the Refrigerator getting the goal line carries...let's go the opposite direction...have the biggest lineman on the team line up in the backfield next to a midget (or liitle person, dwarf, freakishly tiny dude, whichever PC term you prefer..just not the ones with the tiny hands or they will fumble too much) and the QB will hand the midget the ball and he will be picked up by the lineman and chucked into the end zone. Maybe give an extra 3 if he clears the uprights. The other team would have to counter by tossing their own midget(s) into the air to try to collide and stop the other one before they cross the plane of the end zone. It would revolutionize the game.

Goal line opportunities aren't the only role though...you could do the same thing for blocking field goals.

Let's liven up some of these games..especially the low scoring ones like hockey and soccer.

I do enjoy the recent changes to the PBA tour...where the bowlers trash talk into the camera. ("Oh yeah Baby, there's plenty more where that came from!!!") It is only a matter of time before they are allowed to creatively interfere with the other bowler.

I need a hobby.

JSJ