Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Default Advice on 5 hands

I’m a new player, with a very important tournament to play in 1 week, so I’m looking for advice on 5 plays from a NLHE live touney I played. Tell me if the decisions were good or bad, alternative views. I give 2 results that I thought were funny. Start with $800, blinds $10-20
1) AQ suited on button, 3 players in, I raise by $150, all three players call, 3 blanks w/the 3 of my suit, I folded to a $100 bet

2) 8-8 in late position, limped in, flop is 4h 4d 7h. Table short stack (terrible player) goes all-in for about $200, 2 players and I call. Turn is a blank, so I go all-in, to force others out. As hoped both fold, so I get that bet back win/lose. He turns over 3-3h. Board finishes 7h-6d-9h-2h-Jh giving him 3 high runner-runner-runner flush.

3) Blinds 10-20, KQ offsuit in late position, 3 limpers including me. Flop is J–9–7 rainbow. I bet and all fold to table short stack, who goes all-in for his total $330. The call is $180, leaving me $120 if I lose. Figure I have to call, given pot size, 2 overcards & gutshot, and his play. Turns over J-8.

4) I’m table short stack, with A-Q offsuit. 6 hands before the blinds force me all-in, but I push my $90 and hope

5) Stack $370, late position, QQ, blinds $50-$100. 2 limpers, I raise to $200, the BB(short stack at table) goes all-in but can’t figure out how much he has or size of the raise. Long time fumbling and everyone figures out only $180 more for limpers to call – both do and I do, leaving me $90. Flop has 2 spades. I bet remaining $90 and hope. Both limpers check down turn/river, and board is 4d-8s-10s-As-6s. BB had 7-3, Limper1 has K-10, I have QQ, Limper2 has 10h 7s, to win with the 7 high runner-runner-runner-runner flush.
Stupid error not to have pushed pre-flop with QQ in hand 5? What else?