Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Avoid the Matusow blow up

I am a newbie looking to strengthen my game and would appreciate any advice from you veterans out there.

I really wish to be a top notch player, and I believe I'm steadily getting better at the game. However, working against me is that fact that I am a very impatient person, which definitely doesn't mesh well with poker. I have to say that many a time I've blown my chances late in tournaments, whether holding a big stack with high placing aspirations or a low stack with the intention to sneak into the money. Somehow I'm just prone to the infamous Matusow blow up where I just blitzkrieg either all or most of my chips on bluffs or very weak hands.

It's frustrating when I kind of lose my mind for the span of a hand and waste all my hard fought efforts on a hand I should never have been involved in in the first place.

Just wondering if any one of you out there have had this type of problem in your poker playing career and if you had any advice to fight this type of behavior.