Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Two bubble hands from a home tournament

Hey guys,

Two hands I'd like some comments on. This was from a home tournament I played in last night, 21 players started, top 4 paid into the money. Both hands came when we were down to the final 6 players.

Some general notes - just a dream group of players overall. Virtually all had little experience, besides what they had seen on TV. Play ranged from extrememly tight by some, to loose calling station play by others. I'm probably one of maybe two others that you'd call a TAG.

Onto the hands:

Hand 1 - Blinds 75-150. 6-handed. I have probably 2500 or so, which puts me about tied for 4th in chips at the time. I pick up 77 UTG+1. UTG folds, I raise to 550. Folded to the BB, who thinks, and calls the additional 400.

A note on the BB. He came to the final table as a big chip leader. Has knocked out people left and right, but at this point has seen his stack dwindle down to where he only has me outchipped by 500-700 maybe. When he has bet aggressively, he has generally shown down a decent hand, but he's also seeing almost every flop, so the PF call means only a slightly better than average hand.

Anyway, the flop comes Q43r. BB bets out 300. What's your move?

Hand 2 - Later into the final table. Blinds 100-200, still 6-handed. I'm now the low stack at the table with 1300. I post 200 in the BB, and look down to see 33. 3 people limp, and the SB completes, so there's 1000 in the pot at this point.

What's your move? Why? FWIW, the chance of being called by more than one person if I move in, is higher than the whole table folding. People like to see flops.

Thanks in advance for comments. These were the only two hands of the night that I thought I faced a tough decision, and I think I wish I had played both of them differently.