Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2002, 03:35 PM

Default Fighting on Truepoker

I've heard they're going to implement a new idea that will help people handle bad beats better, or at least help them get out some of their anger. You know in those hockey videogames when you can pick fights with other players? It's gonna be like that.

You can start a fight with another player at the table if you get a bad beat.* This would involve smacking him in the head, and humiliating him, or other violent acts, like turning the whole table over on top of him. The players would have controls like in Mortal Kombat. The cool thing is, the player that loses the fight has to leave the table, which adds to the drama and humiliation factor.

*I've heard there are factors that need to be present before you can start the fight. The program will keep track of odds and implied odds, and such, and notice when a player made a really lucky river. If the qualifications are met for a bad beat, the losing player can pick a fight.

I think it's a great idea, and i have to congratulate David Gzech, the CEO, or whatever his name is, on helping us weed out these bad players. We do not want these weakies in our game, messing up our moves. If someone's in the pot with me, I want them to have crappy hands, but I don't want those hands to win. Needless to say, I will be picking many fights with the other Truepoker players when this upgrade comes out. (I think it's in July)