Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2004, 11:43 PM

Default Eagle in Search of the right questions to ask himself...

Self Analysis time.

Background: I have been happy with my results and progression over the past 14 or 15 months of my online poker play. I have gradually become a better player, more agressive, moved up limits, and made more money.

While I am considered aggressive postflop, I am not as aggressive postflop as I should or would like to be.

Based on the bison autorate standard, I am a TA-N (Eagle) and I would like to get to a TA-A (MoneyBag).

For your reference:

[ QUOTE ]
TA-N - eagle icon - Tight preflop (VP < 20). Aggro preflop (PFR > 5). Neutral postflop (1 < TOT-A < 2).
TA-A - moneybag icon - Tight preflop (VP < 20). Aggro preflop (PFR > 5). Aggro postflop (TOT-A > 2). This is the group I am in and the group you want to be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious answer to me is that I do not lead, raise, or checkraise quite as much as I should.

I would like to correct this without overcompensating or chip spraying.

My problem is that I do not really know where to really begin on my search.

My Question is this:

What are the top few things that an TA-N should look for in his postflop play to get himself to the TA-A realm? Do you notice common mistakes that TA-N make that a TA-A would not? Do you have any suggestions as to what to look for in my postflop play? Should I study anything in particular?

Any guidance/ suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Hopefully this could help out any other wannabe TA-A's.

Thanks,

MAxx