Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Race to 20k

Wow, you guys really hate this bet lol. A couple of my brothers post under this name on here as well, so I cant really comment on what they have posted vs what I have posted, if that clears anything up.
I was really hoping the discussion would focus more on the amount of time it would to an establihsed winning player at higher limits to go from minimal bankroll to 20k playing online.
I was consdering move up time to be minimal once you know you can beat the limits, because bankroll size should grow nearly exponentially due to the limits doubling so quickly.
However, we did modify the bet last night while we were playing, we decided we sould just give the other whatever we had made to that point online; so it cant hurt us out of the pocket.
Also, he over took me last night going from 400 to 1200. So hes at 3-6 from 100 bucks starting in like 2 nights. Interesting note, his vpip right now is around 20% where mine is 15% over a sample size of 4000 hands each. It's pretty interesting noting style and skill changes from limit to limit so far, I think that will continue to be interesting. I'm at 930 and we got out of class today for thanksgiving so we plan on playing a good bit this week. I'll keep you updated.