Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 AM

Default Software error in a Pacific Poker tounry and I got ripped off-HELP!!!!

Below is a letter I wrote to pacific poker after the blinds in their tournament incorrectly went to 20,000-40,000 instead of 2000-4000
Please tell me if I am off base by thinging that I am getting screwed here
Everything is fully explained in the letter that I sent them:

To whom it may concern:
I have been a member of pacific poker for a while now and I have only had one problem in the past and that was promptly resolved. I hope that my current problem will be handled in the same professional manner.
I was playing in a 500 person 5+. 50 buy in tournament and there was an intermission with 8 people left. Going into the final table I had approximatly 60,000 in chips, the large stack had about 90,000 and the small stack had less than 7,000. The blinds were at 1,500-3000 and were to be 2,000-4,000 when the intermission was over. When the time on the intermission elsapsed the tournament froze for a few minutes and when it returned the blinds were set at an inncorrect 20,000-40000 ( ten times what the should have been!) Only one person even had enough to cover 2 big blinds. With the small and big blinds adding up to my whole stack inccorectly i was knocked out in sixth place rather unjustly. Once i was eliminated it froze again and has not started back up. I think that the remaing 5 people will split the prized money which is not right. The person with 7000 chips had no chance of winning and will be rewarded for a software error. While nothing would ever be comletely fair this is what I propose:
Give the final 8 people the percentage of their chip stack that corresponds to the percentage of the total prize money to be awarded ( for exacmple if someone had half of the chips in play give them half of all of the total prize money)

In this case there was 400,000 chips in play ( 500 people at 800 chips each)
The top 8 prizes total appoximatley 1712 dollars ( I know that 1st was $625, 2nd was $375 , 3rd was $200 , 4th was $150 , 5th was $125 , 6th was $100, 7th was $75 and 8th was $62)
At the time I had approximatly 60,000 chips left which represents 15% of the chips in play
I feel then that I am entitled to 15% of the 1712 dollars left in prize money which would be 257 dollars
I did receive 100 dollars already for my 6th place finish so I feel that my account should be credited with 157 dollars
Thank You
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
user name :xxxxxxxx