Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2004, 01:28 AM

Default 2/5 B&M Flopped a set on very loose table

The table I am playing at is has about 6 loose players, who play 60% of their hands, any ace, 69o, etc. Very pass, they don't raise preflop with QQ or AK
Preflop: Hero is UTG with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero Raises</font>,UTG1 folds, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets </font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB folds

I realized I should have probably raised the BB right away and for anyone making a flush draw make them have to pay? But I got greedy, I think. I was hoping that someone would raise the BB and I would 3 bet.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button Checks

This confuses me, because I think the BB might have been going for a check raise because he seemed to be one of the tighter players. Should I have bet here?

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Button bets</font> BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

I thought I was probably beat here, but I had to call one bet because the pot had gotten pretty big, I thought she might have two pair or something.

How bad was my call on the end?