Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2004, 02:58 AM

Default Re: WTF is so hard about 3/6?

join a waiting list...i dont play 3/6, but at 2/4, you can normally get a good table if you join the lists. i think the lists get inflated by people that use the first table with X amount of players feature. i join a table by using a waiting list about 90% of the time.

if you get impatient, maybe try signing on, jumping on a few lists, then do a sit-n-go while you wait to get called for the table(s).

also, your blind play/shorthanded play might need work in these tighter 3/6 games. maybe play some 1/2 6max to try and get better at attacking/defending blinds.

and as always, try and develop some good reads on your players, and really try to put your opponents on a hand even when you are not in the hand. sometimes people just trying to figure out what they are doing wrong, when they should be paying more attention to what their opponents are doing (wrong).

one of my big problems while moving up limits was that i found a way to win in one kind of game...and i just played that way all the time, failing to think about things that are changing. for example, i would try to limp with small pocket pairs from early position, but at certain tables it was routinely getting raised behind me...so i then had to drop them.

hope some of this helps.

-mike